UWF Howell-Bunger Fixed Cone
Fixed Cone Valve (Howell-Bunger type) for Dams and reservoirs.
Fixed Cone valves are made as a welded assembly construction and usually made for bottom of dams and reservoirs for water level control applications as well as a turbine bypass valve in hydroelectric power stations. It’s mainly designed to control the amount of water downstream in order not to damage the enviroment. This type of valve discharges the flow directly to the atmosphere for energy dissipation as a hollow cone shaped jet.
The Flow discharge coefficient for the hoodless model is between 0,80-0,85.
Directives and standards
- PED 2014/68/UE CAT-1.
- 2006/42/EC MACHINERY DIRECTIVE.
- 2014/34/UE CAT 3 ZONE 2 AND 22.
- Working pressures up to 25bar.
- Sizes up to DN2000.
- High discharge coefficient for large water flows.
- Moving or embedded Hood design on request.
- Soft or metal seat design.
- Bronze guiding for smooth and reliable operation.
- Robust and reliable design.
- Tailor-made solutions.
- Flow regulation service.
- Flange drillings to main international standards.
- Different End connection types.
- Epoxy coating for carbon steel components.
- Extension supports on request.
- Hydraulic, electric or manual operation.
Over time, PARAVALVES team has had the chance to analyze not only the design of these valves but the specific applications they are used in as well in a cost effectiveness mind. PARAVALVES URA Fixed Cone valve (Howell-Bunger type) will be a great solution for dams and reservoirs considering the following industries:
Can we help you with anything?
If you need a quotation for any of our products, have any questions, suggestions or want to distribute our valves, we will be more than happy to answer you.